Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Garbology Chapter 1

      Reading Garbology's introduction soon got me hooked to it. I was aware of the television series of Hoarders were as it shows that many people around the US create a home of trash. Before starting  this book I never understood how dangerous it can be to be surrounded by trash and how we give it so much power. As I approached and read Chapter 1 I was amazed by some of the facts that were given. Edward shares how "building a garbage mountain is difficult, edgy, dangerous work" (Humes21). I never knew working in a landfill of garbage would be extremely dangerous that it can be deadly. I can honestly say that it is scary to know that one day the world will be invaded by all the trash us people throw and create everyday. There has been many methods that have been used yet at the end of the day the question we all get is where will all the trash go. What I find very annoying is how we create this deadly trash that most can not be removed or crushed until it finally disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment